I hardly ever happens not to buy a book ... Usually I prefer to browse, hear the sound of a page turn and open it from time to time while he is forgotten on a shelf to "rediscover" the smell ... But this is one of those rare times when I regretted not having done so, have not bought that book ... Can not remember who I lent him but it certainly is not now on the shelves of my library and I make a great effort to remember the story well ...
Searching the Internet does not help. It seems to me that in the tales, approximate or detailed that the facts described, has lost some spirit or what I remember was the element that struck me most about that book and from time to time led me to think about , to consider it as a kind of prescience as to what I think you are currently assessing. I do not think the point is whether or not it is a monument to the New Age or explain in detail the ten lights of which the novel is about, but consider that in his vision of "prophetic" at some point The author speaks of a world that begins to divide between two opposites, the perennial struggle between good and evil. On the one hand there is the matter, the other spirit. On the one hand, the annulment of all the protention spiritual, the other the desire for intimacy with oneself that is the rediscovery of us as part of a universe, one with a primal energy (big bang or God that is) which is our mother's womb, what Kerouac claimed searched for a lifetime. The latter would in some ways the "enlightened" eighteenth century, but not for memory. The reason we are talking about here is, paradoxically, one reason the soul, life and existence itself. And I believe that this time something similar is experiencing: the division of the world as people in two different trends: on the one hand, the Epicurean pursuit of happiness based on the pleasure of possession, the other one wants more and more spirit, as if the seeds of 'Apocalypse began to spread ... if it is an angel to divide the good from the bad guys will split his followers by his opponents ... And in this enlightened vision that communicated the message is not very different from the interpretation he wants to see the abrupt end of the Mayan calendar, not the end but the beginning of a new era ....
And the spiritual journey is something that belongs to all, prophecies, predictions separately. To quote again Kerouac when the rock becomes aria io sarò la.
Un'ultima cosa: di quel libro hanno fatto anche un film e ho postato il trailer... Ma il profumo della pagina in questo caso è un'altra cosa...
0 comments:
Post a Comment